The science behind CRT
Ortho-K (short for Orthokeratology) is a non-surgical solution for patients with myopia (nearsightedness) that uses specially designed contact lenses (like Paragon CRT lenses) to improve vision.
When worn overnight, Paragon CRT contact lenses gently corrects the curvature of the cornea, resulting in a corneal shape that focuses light correctly onto the retina. When removed in the morning, distant objects will come back into focus and patients can see clearly without the use of glasses or daytime contacts.
Are CRT lenses right for you?
Myopia (nearsightedness) usually begins in childhood, as early as age 6. When left uncorrected, myopia can affect a child’s ability to learn and develop. If you or your child suffers from any of the following symptoms of myopia, Paragon CRT contact lenses might be right for you:
- Blurred vision when viewing distant objects
- Frequent squinting and blinking
- Difficulty with nighttime driving
- Needing to sit closer to the television or computer
- Holding books and tablets uncomfortably close while reading
- Falling behind in school
CRT contact lenses stop
or slow down the progression of myopia. They are the perfect solution for
- Want a lens-free lifestyle during the day
- Find soft contacts too irritating
- Are too young for LASIK or are not a LASIK candidate